UPSC Scholarship: Are you eligible?
You happen to know about scholarship for various courses, exams, universities but do you know the government is also providing scholarships for UPSC aspirants?
In this article we are going to explain:-
- What is this UPSC Scholarship?
- Who is eligible for the UPSC Scholarship?
- Terms and conditions to avail UPSC scholarship.
- How to apply to the scholarship for UPSC preparation?
- Points to remember
What is this UPSC Scholarship?
The scholarship will be provided under the NAI UDAAN Scheme launched by Ministery of Minority Affairs (revised guidelines w.e.f. 01.04.2019) to provide financial support for minority students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, State Public Service Commissions and Staff Selection Commission.
Rs. 1,00,000 is the total amount for The scholarship for UPSC aspirants (Civil Services, Indian Engineering Services & Indian Forest Services).
The Scholarship will be provided through Direct Benefit Transfer mode and is on first come first serve basis.
For more details click the link given at the end of the article
Who is eligible for the UPSC Scholarship?
The Scholarship is specifically for the minority groups in India. The Eligibility criteria and conditions of the Scheme will be as follows:
- The candidate should belong to one of the Minority Communities notified under Section 2 (C ) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 and should have passed any of the Prelim exams conducted by UPSC, SPSC, or SSC listed at Para 5 of the scheme.
- The total family income of the candidates from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8.0 lakh per annum.
- The financial support can be availed by a candidate only once. The candidate will not be eligible to benefit from any other similar Scheme of the Central or State Governments /UT Administrations.
- In case the candidate decides to opt for other Schemes; he/she will have to forgo the claim from this Ministry and refund the amount if already availed with 10% interest. He/she needs to give an affidavit to the effect. That he /she is not availing such benefit from any other source.
Terms and conditions to avail UPSC scholarship.
- The candidate should submit the proof of passing the UPSC prelims Exam.
- Candidate should submit relevant Admit Card/Roll Number slip, and documentary proof in support of qualifying the exams and any other document sought by the Ministry.
- The candidate should submit a certificate of an annual income of the family from all sources issued by Competent Authority in State/UT.
- The financial benefit will be given to the candidate only once and for one examination only i.e. if a candidate qualifies Combined Graduate Level Prelims Exam conducted by SSC and simultaneously qualifies the prelims exam of Civil Service conducted by UPSC, the financial benefit will be given for only one exam.
How to apply to the scholarship for UPSC preparation?
Eligible candidates may apply online at www.naiudaanmoma.gov.in for availing of the benefit under the Scheme within one month from the date of declaration of the result along with all requisite documents. However, the Selection Committee can also consider applications received even after one month’s time.
Points to be remembered.
- In the case of nonavailability of candidates of a particular community, the unutilized quota of that particular community may be transferred to eligible candidates belonging to other community/IES/exams.
- Candidates who have availed the benefit of this Scheme shall not be eligible to avail the benefit of free coaching for Civil Services(Mains) conducted by UPSC/ SSC/State PSCs etc.
- One time payment for the same will be given. However, the candidate has to inform the Ministry about the outcome/result of the Mains Exam through e-mail.
To know more about the Scholarship Download the official notification
I hope this article guides you and helps you to overcome your financial hindrance in the preparation of UPSC exams.
We at www.upscfreematerials.org, are working only with the aim of making Education Accessible and Affordable to everyone across the nation. We don’t claim to own any of the documents/files/content shared on this platform. If you are fresh UPSC Aspirants, we recommend you know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and also UPSC Optionals for a better understanding of the exam.