UPSC Previous Year Question Papers: Previous Year Papers GS 2
UPSC exam is considered as the toughest and the most prestigious exam in India. Millions of aspirants participate in this festival in order to achieve the Class I officer designation. For which Previous Year Question Papers are very important.
Mere Hard work will not be enough to crack the UPSC exam. Yes, you read it right. No matter how hard you work, your chances of getting success are still not up to the mark.
It is true hard work is the key but its not the sole key to open up the gates of LBSNAA.
So, Whats the requirement then?
Have you heard the words strategy, consistency,perseverance, and patience.
These are the “keys” along with hard work to crack this so-called toughest examination. Hard work accompanied by the right strategy, consistency, perseverance, and patience and a little tint of luck will definitely result into achieving your dream of getting into LBSNAA.
How our role comes into play?
We are also UPSC aspirants and we know what problems are faced by a UPSC aspirant. We understand your issues and every confusion you might be enduring.
So keeping in mind all your frustrations and confusion we started this website to provide all the relevant study materials at one place that too free of cost.
One reason is to at least reduce one of your concerns and your time of searching the study materials.
With saying these words, We are posting Previous Year Question Papers for Mains-GS 2 so that you could analyze them thoroughly & prepare your strategy and crack this exam easily.
What all topics covered under Previous Year Papers GS 2?
General Studies- II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice, and International relations.
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions, and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues, and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs disputes redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges, and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions, and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory, and various quasi-judicial bodies Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions, and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency, and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability, and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations. Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies, and fora- their structure, mandate.
Following is the list of UPSC Previous Year Question Papers: Previous Year Papers GS 2
Hope you find this post useful and achieve what you thrive for. Ending with a Quote:
Rarest of all Human Quality is Consistency
You might also be interested in ;-
We at www.upscfreematerials.org, are working only with the aim of making Education Accessible and Affordable to everyone across the nation. We don’t claim to own any of the documents/files/content shared on this platform. If you are fresh UPSC Aspirants, we recommend you know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and also UPSC Optionals for a better understanding of the exam.