UPSC Previous Year Question Papers: Previous Year Papers GS 4
Previous year question papers play a vital role for any aspirant to crack the UPSC examinations. Today we bring to you Previous Year Papers GS 4.
Reading and analysis of the UPSC Previous year question papers should be a priority after the UPSC syllabus and an aspirant should prevent itself from jumping onto the wagon & start reading anything and everything.
How our role comes into play?
We are also UPSC aspirants and we know what problems are faced by a UPSC aspirant. We understand your issues and every confusion you might be enduring.
So keeping in mind all your frustrations and confusion we started this website to provide all the relevant study materials at one place that too free of cost.
One reason is to at least reduce one of your concerns and your time of searching the study materials.
With saying these words, We are posting Previous Year Question Papers for Mains-GS 4 so that you could analyze them thoroughly & prepare your strategy and crack this exam easily.
What all topics covered under Previous Year Papers GS 4?
General Studies- IV: Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
This paper will include questions to test the candidates’ attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life, and his problem-solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by
him in dealing with society. Questions may utilize the case study approach to determine these aspects.
The following broad areas will be covered. Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants, and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
- Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, and administrators; the role of family, society, and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence, and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality, and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance, and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance. Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and the world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations, and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity;
- Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption. Case Studies on the above issues.
Following is the list of UPSC Previous Year Question Papers: Previous Year Papers GS 4
We at www.upscfreematerials.org, are working only with the aim of making Education Accessible and Affordable to everyone across nation. We don’t claim to own any of the documents/files/content shared on this platform.
If you are fresh UPSC Aspirants, we recommend you know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and also UPSC Optionals for a better understanding of the exam.